Cityforum: Third Digital Policing Summit
The theme of Cityforum’s Third Digital Policing Summit was enabling change through technology. The Police ICT Company’s Acting CEO Robert Leach was asked to chair an afternoon session titled Police technology in the 2020s – what should it look and feel like and how do we get there? The session lasted two hours and featured presentations from the following participants:
- Stephen Roberts, Director of Vigilant Research
- Helen Davis-Clough, Assistant Director of IT and Digital at West Midlands Police
- James Slessor, Global Public Safety Lead at Accenture
- Dave France, Director of Crime, Policing & Fire Group IT at the Home Office
- Mike Potter, Director of Future Borders at HMRC
- Steve Lewis, CTO for UK & Ireland at Hitachi Vantara
The presentations were then followed by a round table discussion focussed on ‘implementing successful change’ with Neil Roberts (Chair, National Police Technology Council) and concluding comments on ‘where do we go from here?’ from Stephen Kavanagh, Chief Constable of Essex and Chair of the Digital Policing Board.
Other sessions during the day included talks from our Chair, Sussex PCC Katy Bourne, Minister of State for Policing and the Fire Service Nick Hurd and Chief Constable of Sussex Giles York.